Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Updates: We have an updated Gift/Mutation list which can be found HERE
Home | Today's Active Topics | Today's Top Posters | Overall Top Posters
  Reply to this topic..Start new topic..Start Poll..

» Music And Other Gadgets
Henry West
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 11:27 PM
Quote Post.

Ageless, Pyrokinesis

N/A

Patrick Stump

Self-Employed

OOC: Boston

Group Icon

Awards: 5

So, hello, everyone. If you see this link then you'll have been given it by me - either in the cbox or from a resource site that I posted on because, really, I kind of have thoughts on things I want to do with these people that I'm about to post about.

So, for those of you who are new here, I play Henry West and he's part of a band called Get Up Girl. I would really, really love it if I found some people to play the other band members.

So, first thing's first - they are all around the same age. Late twenties to early thirties and went to school together. They've kept in touch since then and started the band approximately a year or so ago more as just a fun project for them to do. The idea is that eventually they get a manager, get some demo stuff out, maybe get signed... all that jazz. I want them to become a legitimate band. Who wants to play with me for that?

Here's some notes:

1. They're a bit heavy political music and often comment on societal issues, some of which include Gifted issues, although I do think they have a bit of a punk sound.
2. They are all at least supportive of Gifted individuals as it has already been mentioned that they are helping Henry with his recently developed pyrokinesis. They do not have to be Gifted and I would actually prefer that not all of them were (and am totally fine with Henry being the only Gifted one in the band too).
3. The names here are mostly assigned because I've referenced them enough that I would prefer the name to stay the same for consistency's sake, but I can probably be convinced into something similar if asked.
4. I may actually add suggested PBs as time goes on and I think about it but don't feel obligated to use the PBs I suggest or to only use PBs associated with Fall Out Boy. That'd be cool, but it isn't required.

Now, onto the actual people!

Name: OPEN
Suggested PB: Gabe Saporta, Ryan Ross, Gwen Stefani, Ruby Rose, and Joe Trohman
Instrument: N/A, manager
Personality: Focused and driven, their manager is very detail oriented and super organized. They can be a little pushy towards meeting deadlines and goals, but are ultimately very well meaning and well aware that this is what makes them so good at their job. They are at least Gifted friendly, if not Gifted themselves, and may be very involved in Gifted activism outside of their work if you choose.
Notes: Aside from managing the band, they have experience managing Adelia Winston's singing career and have further plot potential there. They may be male, female, or non-binary - we really don't care because it's honestly more about the personality than anything for this one. Name and PB are also relatively open despite any suggestions made.

Name: Harrison Blake
PB: Pete Wentz
Instrument: Bass
Application: LINK
Personality: Harrison is the general driver and motivator of the group and the one with the initial idea to try together. Harry is a playful kind of individual, determined, and hard-working. His head's in the clouds sometimes, though, and the rest of the band has learned to try to keep him down on earth... and also to stop being such a terrible pervert. He's a pre-school teacher and works in the evenings and nights as a baker to keep money flowing well. He's Gifted (Elasticity), but he's so far in the closet that not even his bandmates know. Still, he brings dick shaped cookies (made with the eating choices of his band mates in mind) fairly often to show his undying love and affection. He's also slept with one-third of his band mates (is it really that bad that he wants an orgy?), three guesses who and the first two don't count.

Name: "Andy" Michael
PB: Hayley Williams
Instrument: Lead guitar
Application: Link
Information: She vaguely knew Henry, Harrison, and Rob while in high school, although didn't run in the same crowd (she was a little too goody-two-shoes for them). She popped up when they were looking around for a guitarist roughly a year ago in the band. Although they were not close to her in high school, they agreed that her talent and knowing her previously deserved their trust. Unbeknownst to them, she was a government agent working to track down and confirm Gifted individuals who was specifically assigned to investigate Henry West and his abilities. Although she has since confirmed his status as Gifted, she remains in the band as their lead guitarist and the rest of the band members are absolutely hell-bent on corrupting her beyond the dyed hair (although it is a good start).

Name: Rob Cipriani
PB: Andy Hurley
Instrument: Drums
Information: He's a non-gifted brain surgeon who knew Henry, Harrison, and Andy in high school and often played music with Henry and Harrison. Since then he's gone on to become a big, fancy brain surgeon and was in a ska band for a short time. When Rob moved to Vancouver roughly a year ago after a bad break-up with his (now ex-)fiance, he met up with Henry and Harrison and agreed to be their drummer over sushi and sake. Now they have a song called "Our Drummer Is A Brain Surgeon (Why The Fuck Is He Here?)".

Name: Henry West
PB: Patrick Stump
Instrument: Lead vocals / rhythm guitar
Information: Henry's a pyrokinetic, Ageless single father with the most adorable child in existence (and everyone who knows him knows that - or at least knows that he believes it enough for it to maybe be true). Although previously a vet tech, he's taken up dealing pot (and only pot) to keep afloat. He's a sort of awkward, if friendly, guy who often likes to foster animals when he can. Despite his generally innocent demeanor, he's quite into the BDSM scene (and the band knows it, much to his great and unending annoyance).

Other things that could be cool: someone who could be a manager!

Also, current song list:

"Our Drummer Is A Brain Surgeon (Why The Fuck Is He Here?)" -
"101 Ways To Help Your Fire-prone Boyfriend / Shit, Our Lead Singer Set The Stage On Fire (Again)" - Henry suggestion
"It Sounds Like Love, But It's Really An Addiction" - Rob suggestion
"I Fucked A Person In Get Up Girl And All I Got Was This Song Written About Me" - Harrison. Only.
"The Last Ska Song We'll Ever Let Rob Write (Put Down Your Trumpet)" -
"My Name Is Zayn Malik And These Are My One Directions" -
"She Said Fuck You And Your Bong But I Said Fuck Me Up" - Rob suggestion
"I'm Made Of Duct Tape And My Parents' Divorce Papers / Duct Tape Divorce" - Henry suggestion
"Crumpled Papers"** - Henry suggestion
"Thank The Devil For The Smartass Heathens" - Harrison suggestion
"Why Leaking That Sex Tape Makes You The Ass, Even If The World Sees Mine" - Henry suggestion
"For That One Tame Punk We All Know Rob Likes" -
"You Call It Assault, We'll Call It Hate Crime" - Henry suggestion
"Stop Bringing Dick-Shaped Cookies To Band Practice, Harry." - Rob suggestion
"Fuck You And Your Gluten-Free Diet, Rob." -
"I Liked You So Much More Before You Became An Instagram Whore" - Rob suggestion
"Kung Fu Andy, Secret Agent Lady" -
"Less Day Old Eyeliner, More Lube"
"Three Sports Bras And A Thigh Long Shirt / Transboy Accessories 101" - Harrison suggestion
"Make Like Donnie And Save The World / Cellar Door"
"Let's Use My First Bottle Of Jack As A Piggy Bank"
"(Beards Make Me) A Little Less Seventeen, A Little More Legal"
"I'm A Sadomasochist. Have You Seen My Whip?"
"I Bought The Lead Singer Lightsaber Dildos and Now He Won't Fuck Me"
"Stop Trying to Get In My Pants Again, Harry"
"Our Biggest Groupie Is In The Band"
"Feeling A Little Like Early 2000" - Harrison suggestion

Covers
Blank Space by Taylor Swift as performed by I Prevail
This Is The Time (Ballast) by Nothing More
Dark On Me by Starset
The World's Not Waiting (On Five Boys In A Broken Down Van) by Fall Out Boy
"Swing Life Away" by Rise Against

*"Viva La Student Debt" - song and album name?
** They rarely play it and never talk about it. Henry's the only one that puts it on set lists and the rest of the band gets very concerned about how he's feeling when he does.

Note: if anyone wants to say that their character suggested a song/wrote it in particular, please say so.

Idea: After they gain legitimate fame, they should have a "Reject Album of Unnamed Songs ™" of all the songs with the word fuck/dick/obscene language in the title that their manager/lawyer wanted them to change. And then have a contest to let their fans re-name the songs. Naturally, this results in even weirder and more explicit jokes that they are still not allowed to use as song titles.
PM.
^
Rob Cipriani
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 10:04 PM
Quote Post.

Non-Gifted

N/A

Andy Hurley

Brain Surgeon

OOC: Lindsey

Group Icon

Awards: 2

Whooooops. Well, at least I got the tall joker part right? >.>
PM.
^
Henry West
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 07:14 PM
Quote Post.

Ageless, Pyrokinesis

N/A

Patrick Stump

Self-Employed

Group Icon

lolyas!

Just as a note: I've compiled all the applications for the current members here as well as added a current songs list. If any member has an idea for a song title, they can feel free to post something to add here and I'll update or you can just poke me in the cbox/in a PM.

Also, I figure since we now have almost a full band - if someone really wants to make their manager, they cannnnn. No needed anything other than that they'd be badass and at least okay/accepting towards Gifted people (though they could also be Gifted if ya'll like).
PM.
^
Henry West
 Posted: Apr 8 2015, 12:15 AM
Quote Post.

Ageless, Pyrokinesis

N/A

Patrick Stump

Self-Employed

Group Icon

I've added to the song list and updated info on the manager.

For those who are not in the know - Henry's officially been offered by Adelia Winston to take a listen to their demo CD and come to a show to check them out before passing on their information to someone else (presumably their manager already listed here). We could probably conduct a group thread with who we have now if everyone's down.
PM.
^
Boston
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 05:18 PM
Quote Post.

Non-Gifted

n/a

Waiter

Awards: None

So, we finally have a Harry.

Played by me.

Whoops.

Anyway! At this point, we're just waiting for someone to make a manager, although I think it's fine if we NPC at this point if we want to play through this happening. It just means that the description of them might change in time as we develop who and how we want that NPC to be.
PM.
^
Boston
 Posted: Apr 26 2016, 06:09 AM
Quote Post.

Non-Gifted

n/a

Waiter

Three Sports Bras and A Thigh-Length Shirt / Transboy Accessories 101 - Harrison

I'm a boy born in dresses and blue satin sashes,
who got sick the first day I touched my chest and felt it.
Cuz girls were pretty, and maybe I would be too if I wasn't me.
I was ten then, and eleven gave me a red gift,
Mother Nature they called her,
even as she tore at more than my insides.

And I was fourteen and I heard a word, like a blessing from Heaven
even if some think that, hey, Heaven would never want me,
Cuz I was born in a college town with a small town soul,
and this was the first I heard, the first I felt that someone somewhere was like me.
Cuz there couldn't be a word for just one of us
when there's always been more of us than they ever dreamt.

And I was sixteen and I wore three sports bras and a thigh length shirt,
so the first boy that touched me couldn't believe it.
I was in an ocean of fabric and a mop as short as me,
Cuz even if it hurt to breathe, it hurt worse when they could see.
I squeezed into dresses just to let my mom smile,
Cuz sometimes I wanted to be wrong like a motherfucker.

And I was nineteen and liked heights a little too much.
Rooftops seemed so nice and calming,
Cuz all I thought about was how I'd look at the bottom.
I'm not sure I'm much, much better now
Cuz now it makes me sick to be ten feet off the ground,
like I just hate myself to death.

And I was twenty-one and maybe if I wore make-up more,
maybe that'd help fight what I'd known for seven years.
Cuz the world tells you that painting your face makes you a girl,
as if the world could understand what it really means to be that.
Cuz they can't understand what it's like to see a stranger in the mirror,
but still they push a Bible into my hands and tell me they're so glad I'm a good girl now.

And I was twenty-three and I wasn't dead yet,
but I'd stopped playing games and I had to learn to love.
Cuz sometimes love comes in doctor visits and needles,
and I was the happiest boy to ever hear my own voice crack.
Cuz I'd been waiting so long for these things that some got for free at twelve,
and I couldn't put a price on how I loved myself with too-big shirts.
PM.
^
William Mitchell
 Posted: Jul 30 2016, 12:28 PM
Quote Post.

Xenoglossy, Telepathy

Brendon Urie

International Playboy

OOC: amsay

Group Icon

Thinkin' about adding a GabeyBaby to your mix if you're down with that homeslice??
PM.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options.. Reply to this topic..Start new topic..Start Poll..

Open Cbox