Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Updates: We have an updated Gift/Mutation list which can be found HERE
Home | Today's Active Topics | Today's Top Posters | Overall Top Posters
  Reply to this topic..Start new topic..Start Poll..

» Heartbeat Song, Tag Jaya
Brandon Jones
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 09:43 PM
Quote Post.

Super strength and Invulnerability

Chris Hemsworth

Vineyard and Restaurant Owner

OOC: Kasi

Group Icon

Awards: 3

Brandon was....confused.

Very confused actually. He loved his wife (God he loved saying that word and applying it to the love of his life!) and he knew that she loved him (She wouldn't have married him if she didn't). But for all intents and purposes, their lives after the wedding were pretty much the same as before the wedding. They'd already been living together and their lives had been intwined for years. So other than a last name change and a couple solid gold rings, life was the same. Which meant that Jaya was still trying to force Brandon to be a healthy eater (which he did because all of her cooking was delicious).

So when Brandon came home one day and smelled not only death-by-chocolate cake but lasagna and home made garlic bread? He was immediately suspicious. There was nothing green even remotely in the vicinity, unless the herbs counted (which Jaya had already said they didn't). He eyed the beautiful love of his life with narrowed slits. "Hey Yaya baby. Whats....what's going on?"

PM.
^
Jaya de Luca-Jones
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 11:24 PM
Quote Post.

Pyrokinesis

N/A

Janina Gavankar

Restaurateur

OOC: Lindsey

Group Icon

Things had changed drastically in the past few months since she and Brandon got married. First, they added each others' names to their own, making them Brandon and Jaya de Luca-Jones. Second, they were working hard to build their own vineyard, complete with their own home.

But the third thing was all her. Jaya's workload with Grandoise was getting heavier: along with her management and owner duties at the Canadian restaurant, Roger and Emma were in the process of making her their new Chief Creative Officer. In addition to that, Jaya was completing her senior projects as she was preparing to graduate. She had scored so well on her GREs that schools were sending her all sorts of brochures. Somehow, Jaya had been admitted into several wonderful MBA programs, like UCLA and Brown.

Her course load had gotten harder- she wasn't sure how she was still killing work and school, because on top that, she had been....off here recently.

Despite how she worked out on a nearly daily basis, Jaya was gaining weight and found herself hungry constantly. She threw up every so often, but she was so sure that was from the stress of work and school, but then...then she missed a period.

She had taken well over ten different pregnancy tests over the past few weeks, but she was in denial: with their plans for the vineyards and her plan to go to business school, a baby was the last thing they needed on their plates. She was just so stressed and changes in her eating habits had to have messed things up, right?

And then she got the only acceptance letter she had really wanted- Stanford.

She couldn't have a baby and Stanford at the same time. There was no way- she was barely making things work as is. She was going to have to give up Stanford for now, right? Jaya was ready to call the admissions office to let them know she wasn't coming, but she knew this time she had to talk it over with Brandon- he would never be okay with her just doing it without a word to him.

So she made his favorite dinner and dessert, pouring him his favorite wine while she settled for a glass of ice water. "Baby, uh..." She motioned for him to join her at the table. She looked so sad- heartbroken that once more she was going to have to give up her dream school, disappointed that all of their plans were about to be screwed up. "There's....some things I need to tell you."
PM.
^
Brandon Jones
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 11:44 PM
Quote Post.

Chris Hemsworth

Group Icon

Brandon knew that Jaya had been stressed. It'd been easy to see. He just tried to keep as supportive as possible without being overbearing. He tried as much as he could to ease things off her shoulders, to make sure that she didn't take on too much, but there was only so much he could do. She wanted to do everything she was doing. He just didn't want her taking on so much that suddenly she was making herself sick. He'd heard her throwing up a couple of times in the past few weeks. Not very consistently but he'd already decided that if he heard it or about it one more time, he was going to make sure she made it to a doctor.

He was just glad that he was slowly able to instill more and more competent people in the restaurant. She was able to take more of a back seat now in the day to day matters (though not TOO much, because her name was Jaya and she loved her job) and it had been more than six months since his memories had returned, meaning that everything else was moving smoother on the cooperate front (Still dealing with the dickwad but there were still many good steps forward they were taking).

Brandon had already been suspicious but seeing his beautiful girl so sad just confirmed it. Something was wrong. Very wrong and he just hoped that he could fix it for her. He sat down by her and took her hand, refusing to allow her to distance herself from him. This was what he wanted, had asked for. Communication between the two of them and for her to let him help her with her problems. "What is it baby? Whatever is going on, we can figure it out." He wore his serious face, one that very rarely saw the light of day and completely ignored the food (and chocolate) that was in the room, something that also very rarely happened. But he'd do anything for his Jaya, his wife. "I promise," he said, cupping her cheek gently. "everything will be ok."
PM.
^
Jaya de Luca-Jones
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 11:59 PM
Quote Post.

Pyrokinesis

N/A

Janina Gavankar

Restaurateur

OOC: Lindsey

Group Icon

She took her hands into his, giving them a squeeze as she looked up at him. This was going to be so hard- he would want her to do both, and she- she knew she couldn't and shouldn't. Jaya was spread thin enough, and he would want her to have everything and do everything, or take the next nine or so months off of work to focus on school and the baby.

"I, uh....I got into Stanford's MBA program. I can do it all online, but uh, I'm...I'm not going to do it after all," Jaya said quietly. She paused for a moment, watching him, waiting for him to start yelling at her about school and how important this was to her, and about how she had already given up Stanford once. "Because...you...you know how I've been nauseous here lately? How I've been getting sick and I've been eating a lot? Well, uh...."

She held up her hands and tried to smile, but Jaya was clearly not happy about this whole situation. This wasn't the right time at all for them to have a baby- not at all! They weren't ready and they had- they had so many plans, and they had so much they needed to do... "Well, I'm pregnant, and...uh...work, and business school and a baby is just...it's too much for the next two years, Brandon. So...I'm going to call the admissions office tomorrow and give up my spot."
PM.
^
Brandon Jones
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 08:27 PM
Quote Post.

Chris Hemsworth

Group Icon

The mixture of emotions that blasted through Brandon at that moment was overwhelming.

He was so absolutely proud of her. She worked her ass off for her grades and what she wanted. She got her dream school, Stanford. How could he not help but be elated? Add to that, she was pregnant wth their baby. There was a time in his life that the thought of having a child with the love of his life was the furthest dream he could ever have. Now, he had literally everything he'd ever wanted. He was married to Jaya, they were having a baby, and she was accepted into her dream graduate program. He was thrilled.

But he was so so desperately sad. She looked so heartbroken and immediately after giving the best news he could ever hear, she told him that she was giving up something she'd wanted for years. For him. Well, technically for their baby and the company but...in his head that meant that she was, once again, giving up something for another person. She was so damn selfless and he just couldn't stand it.

"I....Jaya..." He squeezed her hand gently, his brain already attempting to think through every possible scenario, any possible way they could make it work. She was already so busy, and having a baby was going to make her exhausted. He could help as soon as the baby was born and support her through the pregnancy but the bulk of the work would be on her until the baby was out in the world. He wanted her to have it all. Wasn't that the point of happily ever after? He had what he wanted and all he wanted now was to give her HER dreams...

Then it hit him and he smiled softly, not wanting to scare her or push her when she was clearly so upset already. "Jaya, honey, I don't want you to give up anything. Especially not Stanford. You've wanted that for years. But I have a thought. What if we look into the terms of your acceptance and see if the program has a deferred enrollment option? A lot of schools, especially online ones, will let people put off their entry into a program for a year and their acceptance is good for the next fall. That way, we'll have time to get our beautiful baby born and get adjusted to being parents (He couldn't help but smile during that thought, trying so hard to not freak out in happiness right now). And during the next year and a half before you start school, we can adjust things at work so that we both have less hands on responsibilities and can be there for the baby."

He gently cupped her cheek. "That way you don't have to give up anything. You can have it all."
PM.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options.. Reply to this topic..Start new topic..Start Poll..

Open Cbox