Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Updates: We have an updated Gift/Mutation list which can be found HERE
Home | Today's Active Topics | Today's Top Posters | Overall Top Posters
  Reply to this topic..Start new topic..Start Poll..

» Character Music
Boston
 Posted: Jun 12 2015, 11:27 PM
Quote Post.

Non-Gifted

n/a

Waiter

OOC: Boston

Awards: None

Unlike the 'what is your character listening to' thread, I wanted to put out there some music for that really gets character muse going - maybe we'll find new songs/bands we like in the process too.

As a general rule, Poets of the Fall of any song or album really gets me to be able to write and so does Fall Out Boy. I linked to totally non-specific but memorized and loved songs as examples for those.

But for specific characters!

Henry really likes steampunk music like Abney Park and Steam-Powered Giraffe. He also really loves Starset. If you can guess, he tends towards bands with a little theatrics to their presentation/music, especially if they're a little eclectic.

Sebastian loves Nothing More, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, and Imagine Dragons. He tends to like heavier bands with harder rock/metal sort of sounds, especially if they write sort of heavier lyrics, or ones that he feels he can connect with on some level.

Dakota really likes Owl City, Ron Pope, and Lindsey Sterling. They love lighter, almost upbeat stuff, and I may have based the violinist youtuber concept a little on Lindsey's work, so that's more or less something like what their original work sounds like too.

And Harrison really likes Florence And The Machine, Delta Rae, David Guetta, and Sia. For some reason, he gravitates towards female artists more - or at least artists that collab with women more?
PM.
^
Lindsey
 Posted: Jun 15 2015, 11:16 PM
Quote Post.

Fall Out Boy Lyrics Memorization

Lindsey

Admin

OOC: Lindsey

Group Icon

Awards: 3

Okay, so...my kids are all over the place musically.

Grant likes sad, sad....music, like Brand New,, the Civil Wars, and the Decemberists, so essentially he likes folksy, alternative stuff.

Adam is pretty much your late 1990's-early 2000's fuck boy musically; he likes Blink 182, Weezer, and Fenix TX. He also really loves Fall Out Boy and Taking Back Sunday.

Rob loves New Found Glory, Less than Jake and Reel Big Fish. He likes a lot of pop-punk, ska sort of stuff that's very high energy. He also really likes Fall Out Boy, but mainly their older stuff from the first two or three albums. He probably also has a Sublime poster somewhere and their record tucked away with his bongs.

Jaya...is weird when it comes to music? She responds really well to Hey Monday and Paramore, but she probably wouldn't admit to listening to either one of those bands. She would own up to listening to Thursday, though, and probably No Doubt.

Addy is all over the place with music. She runs on pop and hip hop, and she looooves Taylor Swift. And Beyonce. And Barbara Streisand. And pretty much anything Disney or Broadway Right now, she's been jamming to Superboy and the Invisible Girl from Next to Normal and Totally Fucked from Spring Awakening, But I feel like this song is her in a nutshell, and maybe this song too.

And here are my 8tracks playlists, which include songs that my characters are accidentally based on and stuff that I feel like they'd listen to, with a few random songs that really fit them well mixed in.

--------------------
user posted image

i stole this gif from tumblr
PM.Email Poster.
^
Boston
 Posted: Jun 24 2015, 04:42 PM
Quote Post.

Non-Gifted

n/a

Waiter

OOC: Boston

Awards: None

Oh, and now that I have a little more time.

Grady really likes Halestorm, Pentatonix, and specifically the Save Rock And Roll album from Fall Out Boy. He's very random and I have no idea why he likes these specifically. The last one might be because I wrote a lot of him during his application and in his previous incarnation with SRAR in the background. So Fall Out Boy's songs know Grady killed a person and survived the Hunger Games in a previous incarnation (ironically, he helped kill a tribute who looked like Patrick Stump).

Tristan likes a lot of movie/video game and orchestral music. Think like Two Steps From Hell style. He also really loves Omnia and Ayreon (especially from The Human Equation).

Amara and Jude have no music they like at the moment. That might change at some point.
PM.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options.. Reply to this topic..Start new topic..Start Poll..

Open Cbox